As a business owner, you have likely taken the right steps for establishing an identity for your restaurant. Between your website, customized mobile app and your delivery service, you are moving in the right direction. But, if you are not using your social media presence to promote your online ordering service, you need to take that next step. If your restaurant does not have a presence on the various platforms, then there is a good chance that potential customers have no idea who you are. If you are not sure how to make your presence known on social media, here are some tips to keep in mind as you get started.
Make People Aware of Your Social Media Accounts
See Your Restaurant Revenue & Net Profits Skyrocket
You must do more than simply create a presence on social media for people to come to you. Once your page is up and running, you need to make people aware of it. Here are some easy ways to get that done:
- Announce your social media presence on your website and digital app. The people who use these tools are a built-in customer base for you, so make them aware of it first.
- Create advertisements for your restaurant’s online ordering system on your social media platforms. Users who see the ads will have the chance to interact, visit your page, begin to follow you and use your services.
- Offer incentives for visiting, liking and subscribing. If people click through to your social media platforms via the mobile app, you can reward them in some way. The social media page can have a “limited time” discount code, available to all who visit. Those visitors will turn into followers.
Understanding Each Platform is Crucial
Each social media platform has its quirks, and knowing them can help you maximize your time and effort on each platform. For example, Facebook is extremely versatile, can handle text and media and makes it simple to boost ads for larger exposure. On the other hand, Twitter is great for sending out short bursts of information or working to develop a more human presence by sharing memes and other content. Snapchat offers filters and other options, which can give people a unique way to interact with and share your restaurant with their friends.
Learning the best way to use each platform is crucial, as each platform reaches out to different types of potential customers. Since different sorts of people gravitate toward different social media sites, you need to have a presence on multiple platforms. Do some research to determine the benefits you can get from each of the different platforms and then use as many as you can comfortably handle.
How to Succeed When Using Social Media Platforms
Before you jump into using social media platforms to promote your online ordering system, you need to have a strong idea of what you should and should not do to be successful. Here are a few dos and don’ts that will point you in the right direction:
- DO: Update your content regularly. Accounts that are stale and do not regularly update information will quickly get buried in a feed and lose followers. When your restaurant does not show up in people’s feeds frequently, they will quickly forget about you and you will lose potential customers. But, posting something fresh every few days will keep your account active, on people’s feeds and in their minds.
- DO: Get your workers involved. Sometimes the best inspiration comes from others on the inside. Allowing your staff to post information about the restaurant can give your account a spontaneous, fun aura that will appeal to users.
- DO NOT: Do not use the “handy” ordering feature. Some platforms like Facebook allow you to embed functions, such as online ordering through their site. Although this feature appears to be helpful on the surface, it is better to stay away from it. Chances are that you already have an app and website that have online ordering functions. So, there is no need to add a third ordering feature. More importantly, while it might seem convenient now, it can be difficult for customers to fix any mistakes or problems should one arise. Even if the platform is to blame for the mistake, it can still leave customers with a bad taste in their mouth and may balk at the idea of placing an online order with you again.
- DO NOT: Do not give up. Building a strong presence takes time. Most likely you will not see customer following your social media presence in droves. But, it will happen, slowly but surely. Keep with it, and you will start to see positive results.
Having a social media presence is crucial for your restaurant as a whole and for your online ordering system specifically. Even if you are not a technology whiz, you can still create a social media following that will have people flocking into your restaurant and placing online orders. Contact Orders2me today if you need help creating or improving your social media presence. We are here to help you succeed.